Windhoek Consulting Engineers (Pty) Ltd has a vacancy for a dynamic and motivated, registered Civil Engineer with a focus on building type projects and civil site services. The Civil Engineer will lead a building services team, be responsible for all civil engineering elements on building type projects and work closely with the WCE Structural Department.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Leading a civils team on all building type projects
- Detail design of platforms, site layerworks, surfacing, kerbing, channeling, site stormwater and municipal connections, site water, site sewer, roofs run-off, building plumbing and drainage
- Supervising the production of clear and accurate engineering drawings of civil designs
- Responsible for municipal submissions and approvals related to building civil works
- Site supervision & quality assurance on civil construction works
- Attendance of project meetings
Qualifications and Requirements:
- B.Eng or B.Tech in Civil Engineering
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in civil engineering
- Specific experience in design and supervision of site- and buildings civil services
- Registered with ECN as a professional engineer or incorporated engineer, or close to registration
- Must be fully conversant with AutoCAD/Caddie. Civil3D/Revit will be an advantage
- Good knowledge of construction practices and processes
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Valid driver’s license
Interested candidates who meet all of the requirements of the position must complete the “Application for Employment” Form below. Please provide a cover letter and comprehensive CV as attachments.
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS: 24 November 2023
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified. No correspondence will be entered into on social media.