Windhoek Consulting Engineers (PTY) Ltd has a vacancy for a Community Liaison Officer, experienced in corporate interactions with local communities. The position is site based.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Effectively relay project-related information to communities and stakeholders.
- Ensure clear and timely communication to foster transparency and community understanding.
- Interface with local authorities and community representatives.
- Foster positive relationships, address concerns, and maintain open lines of communication.
- Record and document community issues related to the project.
- Revert promptly with solutions, facilitating active intervention when necessary.
- Prepare comprehensive reports on community-related matters.
- Provide regular updates to project management and relevant stakeholders.
- Collaborate closely with the Health, Safety, and Environment (HSE) department.
- Fulfill administrative functions to support community engagement efforts and align with HSE goals.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Grade 12.
- Exceptional Communications Skills and willing to engage with large groups.
- Proven relevant local communities and culture experience.
- Proficient in English. Proficiency in other local languages will be advantageous.
- At least 3 – 5 years of relevant experience in a similar environment.
- Exceptional report writing, and computer skills.
- Valid Driver’s License.
Interested candidates who meet all of the requirements of the position must complete the “Application for Employment” Form below. Please provide a cover letter and comprehensive CV as attachments.
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS: 10 November 2023
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified. No correspondence will be entered into on social media.