- Striving to serve as one of Namibia's leading multidisciplinary consulting engineering and project management companies.
Windhoek Consulting Engineers (WCE), established in 1977, is one of Namibia’s leading multidisciplinary consulting engineering practices. The company has offices in Windhoek, Ongwediva, Walvis Bay, and creates temporary satellite offices in smaller centres as the need arises for individual projects. WCE is engaged in the following fields of expertise: Transport, Urban, Water, Structural, Mechanical and Electrical Engineering, and provides Project Management and Consultancy Services for Multidisciplinary Projects. Over and above WCE’s involvement in Namibia, WCE has completed projects in Botswana, Angola, South Africa, Zimbabwe and the Middle East.
To provide a world class Multidisciplinary Consulting Engineering Service in a timely and cost effective manner and ensuring that we exceed our Clients’ expectations the first time, every time.
To be the leading and preferred Multidisciplinary Consulting Engineering Company in Namibia and the Region.
As a company we will achieve our purpose by adhering to a simple but strong set of core values that will guide our decisions;
- Positive Motivation – WCE’s employees are committed to an encouraging, can-do, winning attitude. We will always be pro-active.
- Teamwork – WCE’s multidisciplinary team is committed to putting the client first, bringing together in unison the people, resources, and expertise best suited to meet our clients’ engineering and management needs.
- Trust – We are all committed to treating others fairly, with integrity and truth in our words and actions.
- Enthusiasm – We are committed to giving that “extra effort” required and to enjoy what we do.We will be enthusiastic about our work and always do more than is expected of us. Pride in our work is achieved by doing something special for the client
- Respect – WCE employees treat clients, projects and project personnel as a priority.
- Communication – We strive to effectively communicate with our clients, colleagues and project personnel.
WCE employs over 50 people in Namibia ranging from Professional Engineers, Incorporated Engineers, Technicians and Technical Assistants. A wide range of professional services are available in-house through our highly qualified and motivated staff. If a project requires any additional specialist input or technical resources, we can source all required services from associated companies.
WCE is a Namibian Company, committed to the future of our country and region, and we will nurture any opportunity to play a meaningful role in its development. Our association with other Consulting Engineering companies further enhances our technical capabilities, especially for projects in neighbouring countries.Windhoek Consulting Engineers was the first consulting engineering company in Namibia to receive a certificate of compliance from the Employment Equity Commission. It confirmed WCE’s commitment towards redressing past inequalities by providing an environment of equal opportunities and employment equity. Special consideration is given to training and WCE proudly sponsors bursaries every year in the fields of civil, mechanical and electrical engineering. In addition, previously disadvantaged engineers in training at the Ministry of Works and Transport as well as other ministries, are given the opportunity to gain in-service training at WCE at no cost.
Information Computer Technology (ICT)
WCE constantly evaluates new ICT software and hardware in our quest to stay abreast of the rapid changing ICT environment. We currently operate approximately 40 CAD stations and a further 15 Desktops for administration and word processing purposes. Our offices are equipped with state of the art printers and plotters which can produce high quality documents and drawings.
Multidisciplinary Capabilities Capabilities
WCE offers a host of engineering services and we are still recognised as an industry leader in the primary service area in which we operate. Our world class multidisciplinary capability towards analysis, design and engineering consulting services for a wide variety of large and prestigious projects for more than 30 years. WCE provides services in the fields of road infrastructure, pavement design and rehabilitation, traffic engineering, railway development, airport development, municipal infrastructure design, bulk water design, water and waste water treatment, structural engineering, electrical engineering and mechanical engineering, as well as project planning and management services.